|Club or setting:||CARIS Camden Families - Kids Clubs|
|Location:||London Borough of Camden|
|Hours:||4 hours per day, 3 days per week.|
|Job title:||Play and Learning Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.50 - £13.00 per hour depending on experience|
|Closing date:||22 February 2017|
Role: Play and Learning Support Worker, part-time.
Hours: 12 hours per week, likely to be spread over 3 days from 2.30-6.30pm. Scope to extend this to 16 hours a week, spread over 4 days from 2.30-6.30pm.
Contract: Minimum six months, with the possibility of extension.
Location: London Borough of Camden, various locations.
Salary: £11.50 - £13.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Qualifications: Level 2 or 3 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, or similar youth or social care qualification
Ages of children: 3-12 at the Kids Club; 4-16 at the Homework Club
CARIS Camden Families is a small charitable project that offers holistic support to homeless families living in hostel accommodation in the London Borough of Camden. We are looking for a play worker to join our stay-and-play Kids Club, which runs twice-weekly, and to help facilitate our Homework Club for both primary and secondary-aged children on a third afternoon. There is scope for development and expansion of the role in the future, subject to performance and funding. All of our clubs run out of the council-run hostels where the families live, and the work will be split between two locations.
We ask you are:
- Wholeheartedly committed to supporting children and young people’s holistic development
- Passionate about helping children who face disadvantage to learn, grow and thrive
- Able to provide a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment for all children
- Imaginative and thoughtful in your approach to planning and delivering enjoyable, stimulating activities for children aged 3-12.
- Encouraging to the individual child so as to help them achieve their full potential
- Interested in children’s academic development, and motivated to support the running of the Homework Clubs by liaising with- and supporting our learning support volunteers
- A proactive member of a staff team
- A good communicator, able to liaise with parents, volunteers, colleagues and council staff
- Patient and approachable
- Knowledgeable on safeguarding procedures
- Willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencement of the role
CARIS Camden Families is a project of charity CARIS Camden, which also runs C4WS Homeless Project. This is a role in which you can make a real difference to the lives of children living in difficult circumstances.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 22nd February 2017 at 9am. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 27th February 2017.
For further information and to receive an application pack, please email: email@example.com