|Club or setting:||Healthy Heroes|
|Hours:||8.45am - 4.45pm, 5 days per week|
|Job title:||Summer Camp Manager|
|Salary:||£70 per day|
|Closing date:||20 May 2016|
Healthy Heroes LTD run a non-residential Holiday Camps for children aged 5 – 11 in fantastic location in Halewood, Liverpool
We are looking for a temporary Senior Activity Manager to help run our OFSTED registered Summer Holiday Camp in Halewood, Liverpool
We need your passion, patience, energy and amazing sense of humour to help children have a summer holiday they will remember forever!
We are looking for a brilliant all-rounder who is willing to plan and deliver a range of activities across the whole of the summer holidays keeping it fresh and different each day.
The senior activity worker will oversee the day to day running of the camp with the support of the camp director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending 2 days of training at a time and place to be confirmed.
- Become the deputy lead safeguarding officer for Halewood team and attend relevant training if needed.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to on camp, and implementing new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children.
- Ensure OFSTED requirements are met at all times on camp.
- Point of contact for parents of the children on camp. Includes feeding back any observations or issues.
- Lead and assist on delivering activities (Sports, arts and crafts. Play).
- Manage administrative duties for the camp (Sign in/out, registration).
- Supervision of children outside of activity times during Early drop off and late pick up times.
- Other ad-hoc duties as deemed necessary to the smooth running of the camp.
- Ideally educated to, or studying for, a degree in a relevant subject or minimum level 3 qualifications in childcare, play work, Sport or education.
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification (or willingness to obtain before camp start date).
- Leading in Safe Guarding training (or willingness to obtain before camp start date).
- Excellent, positive behaviour management skills.
- Good working knowledge of OFSTED requirements and how to apply it to a camp setting.
- Some management/supervisory experience desirable.
- Experience in delivering Sport, Art and Play activities to children.
- Excellent communicator, with confident face to face customer service skills.
- Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Energetic team-player.
- Someone looking for a fun, challenging, different but hugely rewarding job in the holidays, and looking to further their career in the childcare/coaching/teaching sector.
The successful candidate must be available to work at our Halewood Venue:
- 25th-29th July
- 1st-5th August
- 8th-12th August
- 15th-19th August
- 22nd-28th August
Interviews will take place on:
31st May 2016, 1st June , 2nd June and 3rd June 2016
Closing date 20th May 2016
The candidate will be required to have an informal 1:1 interview and if successful deliver a practical session to a group of primary aged children. Prior to interview two references will be requested. One which MUST relate to a position where you have worked with children.
*Healthy Heroes employs safe recruitment practises which includes commitment to child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check (approximate cost £60) if they are not already on the DBS Update Service