|Club or setting:||Cheapside Preschool & Rainbow Kids Club Ltd|
|Location:||Cheapside, Ascot, Berkshire|
|Hours:||4.75 hours per day, 5 days per week|
|Salary:||Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience|
|Closing date:||13 December 2016|
Purpose of the role: To assist with the running of the Breakfast and After School Club (optional Holiday Club.)
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30 – 8.45 & 2.30– 6.00 term time only (38 weeks)
- Plan and deliver a daily programme of activities appropriate for the age and stage of the children attending the club.
- Ensure the delivery of creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment.
- Prepare activities for the children
- Prepare the food offered to the children from the daily menu
- Collect children from the local primary school accompanying them on foot (the walking bus)
- Ensure all children are actively engaged whilst attending the club, including supporting those who make the choice to have quiet time.
- Administer first aid as appropriate
- Encourage parental involvement and support of the club
- Work within agreed policies and procedures
- Agree to attend training as required
- Take responsibility with other staff members for following the club’s registration and departure procedures
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety, Accident Prevention and smooth running of emergency procedures for both children and other members of staff
- Support any unqualified or student/apprentice staff to meet the above duties
- Take part in regular staff and planning meetings (can be outside of contracted hours.)
- Take responsibility for keeping qualifications up to date e.g. first aid, food hygiene
- A recognised level 2 childcare and education or play work qualification.
- Proven experience of working within a childcare setting/out of school club
- A recognised level 3 childcare and education or play work qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of working with children aged 2.6 – 11 years.
- Paediatric first aid
- Food & Hygiene level 2
- Registration on the DBS update service.
Skills and attributes:
- Empathy and understanding of children
- Excellent verbal communication skills with children and adults.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to take instruction
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
Contact Sharon Shaw: Shawoscar86@aol.com