|Club or setting:||Acorns in Harrogate Out of School Club|
|Location:||Hookstone Chase Primary School, Harrogate|
|Hours:||7.15 - 9.00am and 2.30 - 6.15pm, 5 days per week plus holidays|
|Job title:||Out of School Practitioner|
|Salary:||£7.80 - £8.30 per hour|
|Closing date:||11 March 2020|
Working at our out of school based at Hookstone chase primary school, Harrogate, HG2 and working with the staff team to help plan, organise and deliver creative indoor and outdoor play opportunities appropriate to the needs of all the children and individual children as necessary.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Safe collection and delivery of children from/to school and Club, keeping the needs of the children paramount and appropriate records.
- Providing nutritious and healthy refreshments and to serve evening meals and clear up afterwards
- Plan and organise indoor and outdoor activities linked to the children's interests
- Complete all safeguarding and EYFS documentation
- Manage the behaviour of the children using the traffic light system
- Manage and maintain all registers in accordance with laid down policies and procedures
- Key holder responsibilities including the opening and closing of the school
- Putting out and putting away resources each day, apart from the school holidays.
- liaising with parents, conducting show around's to prospective parents,
- and feeding back to parents daily.
- Knowledge and application of all relevant legislation including EYFS.
- Providing a safe and caring environment at all times.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures.
- Administering first aid as appropriate ensuring correct records are kept.
- Encouraging parental involvement and support of the Club.
- Attending meetings / training courses as appropriate
- Initiating contact, building relationships with parents.
- Working within agreed policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- The jobholder is one of a team of Out of School and Holiday Club staff who support the learning and welfare of the children; flexibility by all staff is important in order to meet the varied needs of the children.
- The jobholder is managed by and works under the day-to-day direction and supervision of the Out of School and Holiday Club Leader
- The principal focus of the job is to provide a range of morning and after school club and holiday activities.
- Split shifts available 7.15 am to 9.00 am and 2.30 pm to 6.15 pm
- Monday to Friday (27 hours 30 minutes per week) - during Term Time and full time (40 hours) during school holidays
- Working Between 7.15 am to 6.15 pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch hour x 4 days per week to cover at the nursery setting Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) and working full time at the Holiday Club during School holidays between the hours of 7.15am and 6.15pm
The appointed person must be prepared to be flexible regarding time management and must have the ability to manage their own workload in consultation with the Out of School and Holiday Club Leader.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Level 3 in childcare is required
- Willing to participate in further training, particularly first aid and safeguarding to further knowledge
- Willing to work as an effective team member and make contributions as a member of a team
- Willing to maintain confidentiality on all Out of School matters
CHARACTERISTICS OF JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Flexible and creative in finding solutions to professional problems
- Able to cope efficiently with completing demands and to instill a sense of calm when under pressure
- Ability to work under their own initiative and manage their own workload in consultation with the Out of School Club Leader.
It is not always possible to define completely the duties and responsibilities attached to the posts and some variations may be necessary from time to time.
The jobholder is required to contribute to and support the overall aims and ethos of the Acorns Group,
In addition, the job holder will be required to integrate into all areas of job accountability the actions and behaviours required to actively implement equality and diversity policies and procedures.
All staff are required to participate in training and other learning activities, and in performance management and development, as required by the Acorn Group’s policies and practice.
Job Type: Part-time (term time) Full-time (holidays) or Full Time 40 hours per week all year round
Salary: £7.80 to £8.30 /hour increase from April 2020