|Club or setting:||Jimmy's After School Club|
|Location:||West End, Southampton|
|Hours:||3 hours per day, 5 days per week|
|Salary:||Dependent on age, qualifications and experience. Start on minimum wage rising to £8.50 per hour after 3 months.|
|Closing date:||24 November 2019|
Jimmy’s is a well established After School Club run by a voluntary management committee. One of our Playworkers is moving on to a new role, so we have a vacancy to fill.
We are looking for a caring and reliable Playworker to join our friendly team.
We ensure our children are safe and feel secure, and enjoy their time at the club. We plan activities taking into account the interest of the children and see that they are entertained and happy throughout the session. We also prepare snacks and refreshments.
We are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children therefore we follow safer recruitment procedures.
Ideally you will be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Playwork or Childcare (or willing to work towards this). Previous experience of working with children aged 4 to 11 is desirable.
The role will include:
- Provide quality play care within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and
delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
If you have any queries, please contact us by email: Jimmys.firstname.lastname@example.org