When it comes to the legal side of running a club, we all know that there’s a multitude of things that could trip us up. We have lots of agreements in our businesses which can be considered to form a legal agreement; contracts with parents, statements of terms of employment, website terms and conditions and payment and refund policies.
- Did you know that there are different terms for cancellation and refunds dependent on the way in which parents book – online and telephone bookings must be treated differently to in person ‘sales’?
- Did you know that staff must be given a statement of employment particulars on day one that meets your legal obligations? Did you know that this is different to a contract of employment? Do you know how?
- Do you know that you’ve covered off everything in your business to prevent a takeover and make sure you’re compensated if one happens?
Our brand-new Legal Pack has been curated with our resident lawyer to make your life that little bit easier. With our template legal agreements covering the commercial side of selling your services and a comprehensive statement of employment particulars for day one, you can rest easy knowing that you’re covered.
The Legal Pack is supplied as a download so that you can start using it right away. The template documents are in Microsoft Word format so that you can easily modify them as needed for your own childcare setting. The factsheet and advice sheet are both supplied as pdf documents. If you are unsure whether your word processing application can open Word documents, find out more about software compatibility.
Contents of the pack
The pack includes:
- A standard terms and conditions of booking covering the main commercial points of refunds, booking terms, data protection and termination of service. This sits alongside your registration form and replaces any other contract between parents and setting
- A registration or enrolment form
- A statement of employment particulars meeting your obligations for day one. This is not a detailed contract of employment and you may consider having a bespoke contract drafted for your particular circumstances
- A factsheet about business structures and how to choose the right one
- An advice sheet on how to protect your business from takeover
You might find the documents in our Employment Pack support your recruitment processes
Our Start Up Pack and Forms pack contain complimentary policies around parental permission, admissions and fees policies, club handbooks and operations manuals.
How to purchase
To purchase the Legal Pack online you will need a debit or credit card. Don't worry, we do accept payment by bank transfer (with Purchase Order) or invoice and lastly we will even accept a cheque — it just takes a little longer! Email us at email@example.com for further details. Your information pack will be emailed to you when we receive your payment. Please ensure that you enter your email address correctly.
If you have any questions about this product, please contact us on 0345 3142008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you purchase the downloadable version of the Legal Pack we will send a confirmation email to the address that you specified in the purchase process. The email will contain a link to a .zip file which contains all the templates in Word format. Click on the link to download the .zip file. Please download the .zip file straightaway as the link will stop working after 48 hours.
Most computer systems will automatically open the .zip file for you so that you can extract the Word files. If the .zip file does not open automatically you will need to use a standard decompression utility (such as WinZip, Stuffit or PKZip) to extract the Word files.